[CoinBinary] Trouble building CoinBinary

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Wed Sep 26 15:24:03 EDT 2012

I have a suspicion that the top-level "configure" script for CoinBinary is
borked.  I just tried to checkout and build CoinBinary 1.6.2 from a
bog-standard Linux box, and I failed in the middle of the configure step.
Here is an edited transcript of the relevant part of the console output:

configure: configuring in Ipopt
checking whether -lblas has BLAS... no
checking for COIN-OR package Blas... not given: No package 'coinblas'
found
configure: error: Required package BLAS not found.
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for Ipopt

Other subdirectories also got the "checking for COIN-OR package Blas...
not given" thing, but the configure pass kept merrily going; it was only
in Ipopt that it decided Blas was "Required" and died.  I am not a master
of Configurology, so any insights will be useful.  Thanks in advance.