[Coin-discuss] yet another forgotten so-name change?

Soeren Sonnenburg sonne at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 23:19:04 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 09:21 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:40 +0100, Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > where? It is not here yet
> > > http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/CoinUtils/ ?
> >
> > That may take a day or so.
> > It's in the svn: https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinUtils/browser/releases
> > svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CoinUtils/releases/2.6.1
>
> The tarball creator runs nightly.

> Policy says that an API change requires at least a minor version bump.
> Bug fixes that don't change the API get point releases.
>
> I don't recall exactly what changed in each minor version update, but
> that's how it's designed to work.

OK then, but how can I figure out which versions of packages are
required to get package X to work and how do I know that updating one
will break the whole chain?

What I need is some kind of table saying e.g.

coinor-osi 0.102.1 requires coinutils 2.6, libclp 1.11
and in addition proper soname changes if you change things incompatibly
such that an upload of coinutils 2.6 won't break things that depend on
2.5...

Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962