[Coin-discuss] yet another forgotten so-name change?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 27 05:10:23 EST 2010

Hi,

>> Policy says that an API change requires at least a minor version bump.
>> Bug fixes that don't change the API get point releases.
>>
>> I don't recall exactly what changed in each minor version update, but
>> that's how it's designed to work.
>
> OK then, but how can I figure out which versions of packages are
> required to get package X to work and how do I know that updating one
> will break the whole chain?
>
> What I need is some kind of table saying e.g.
>
> coinor-osi 0.102.1 requires coinutils 2.6, libclp 1.11

One way to see this currently is to look at the externals of CoinAll.
This is a quite comprehensive assembly of COIN-OR projects that are
known to work together.
The latest release was CoinAll 1.3.1 five months ago:
https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBinary/browser/CoinAll/releases/1.3.1/Externals
The next one (CoinAll 1.4) is in preparation:
https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBinary/browser/CoinAll/stable/1.4/Externals

> and in addition proper soname changes if you change things incompatibly
> such that an upload of coinutils 2.6 won't break things that depend on
> 2.5...

Stefan