[Coin-discuss] yet another forgotten so-name change?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Feb 26 09:21:03 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:40 +0100, Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> Hi,

> >> There is a 2.6.1 now.
> >
> > where? It is not here yet
> > http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/CoinUtils/ ?
>
> That may take a day or so.
> It's in the svn: https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinUtils/browser/releases
> svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CoinUtils/releases/2.6.1

The tarball creator runs nightly.

Policy says that an API change requires at least a minor version bump.
Bug fixes that don't change the API get point releases.

I don't recall exactly what changed in each minor version update, but
that's how it's designed to work.

> >> The third number is reserved for releases from the same stable branch
> >> (no API change).
> >> So, after 0.100 the next stable versions are 0.101, 0.102,...
> >
> > but shouldn't this then be reflected in the soname of the lib?
>
> Yes, but it isn't.
> There is some development to have this working some day.
>
> Stefan

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs