[Coin-discuss] link problems with Cbc 2.3

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri May 22 15:17:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

>> probably you need the amplsolver.a from ThirdParty/ASL. It is not linked
>> into any coin libraries and not installed into lib, that's a kind of bug.
>
> It removed some of the linking errors, but I am still missing references
> to 'dlopen', 'dlerror', 'dlsym', and 'dlsclose'.

Add also -ldl  (but this should be specified in one of the addlibs.txt
(coinutils_addlibs.txt, cbc_addlibs.txt, ...) files. On the other hand,
do you use a library that dynamically links in another one?

> Btw, with the danger of sounding completely lame, how do I link a file
> called amplsolver.a with gcc? I ended up making a symling called
> libamplsolver.a, but there must be a nicer way..

You can directly specify amplsolver.a in the gcc linker line, like
object files.

>> However, just don't download the AMPL stuff and configure/build cbc
>> then. ASL is optional, and it should be avoided whenever possible ;-).
>
> Looks like the best option, as I don't need it for this project.
> Can I disable it in the configure script, so I can have one build with
> and one build without it?

COIN_SKIP_PROJECTS="ThirdParty/ASL"

Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics