[Coin-discuss] link problems with Cbc 2.3

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Fri May 22 15:13:47 EDT 2009

Once more thanks for a quick help.

Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> probably you need the amplsolver.a from ThirdParty/ASL. It is not linked
> into any coin libraries and not installed into lib, that's a kind of bug.

It removed some of the linking errors, but I am still missing references
to 'dlopen', 'dlerror', 'dlsym', and 'dlsclose'.
Btw, with the danger of sounding completely lame, how do I link a file
called amplsolver.a with gcc? I ended up making a symling called
libamplsolver.a, but there must be a nicer way..

> However, just don't download the AMPL stuff and configure/build cbc
> then. ASL is optional, and it should be avoided whenever possible ;-).

Looks like the best option, as I don't need it for this project.
Can I disable it in the configure script, so I can have one build with
and one build without it?

I also checked and the 2.2 version that works for me was built without
ASL, so I take back the point that it worked in 2.2 and does not in 2.3.

Anyway, once more thanks for the help and have a nice weekend.

Michal