[Coin-discuss] Cbc with ECLiPSe: How to get rid of message?

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Tue Sep 16 09:29:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

Since I  implemented the interface for Cbc to ECLiPSe, let me add a few
more details:

1. The specific message Ulrich is referring to is defined in
CbcMessage.cpp, and it seems to be given a detail level of 1, i.e. it
will be printed when the detail level for the MessageHandler is set to 1
(minimal). This is what I set all the MessageHandler to, the idea is
that only the most important messages should be passed to the user.
Should this message be set at this detail level?

2. I don't know what the exact conditions for generating this message
is. However, Cbc's branchAndBound() is only called if there are integer
variables in the original problem. I assume it is possible for pre-solve
to remove such integer columns -- would this be the situation where the
message is generated?

Cheers,

Kish