[Coin-discuss] Help with COIN configuration...

Hart, William E wehart at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 6 13:09:28 EDT 2006

It isn't clear to me which Coin list should be used for high-level
issues regarding Coin configuration management.  Similarly, it would
seem wise to have a high-level Wiki for general Coin trouble tickets.

Here's my specific issue: I downloaded all of Coin, and tried running

    autoreconf --install

in the top-level directory. Doing so, I got the following error:

[wehart at tofu COIN_2006Sep06]$ autoreconf --install configure.ac: no
proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found. configure.ac: You
should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, configure.ac:
that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory, configure.ac: and
that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
BuildTools/Makemain?.inc:13: MAINTAINER_MODE does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL Makefile.am:46: `BuildTools/Makemain?.inc' included from
here BuildTools/Makemain?.inc:39: HAVE_EXTERNALS does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL Makefile.am:46: `BuildTools/Makemain?.inc' included from
here BuildTools/Makemain?.inc:53: HAVE_EXTERNALS does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL Makefile.am:46: `BuildTools/Makemain?.inc' included from
here autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Any idea why I see this behavior? I _should_ be able to use autoreconf
with Coin, right?

--Bill

---
William Hart                              Email: wehart at sandia.gov
Discrete Math & Algs Dept (9215), MS 1318 Phone: (505) 844-2217
P.O. Box 5800, Sandia National Labs       FAX:   (505) 845-7442
Albuquerque, NM 87185-1318
http://www.cs.sandia.gov/~wehart/