[Coin-discuss] Help with COIN configuration...

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:17:13 EDT 2006

Hi Bill,

I'm going to leave the "official reply" to the experts, but I do know
that the autotools are very sensitive to the particular version you are
using. Mixing and matching does not work well. To get the exact version
we are all using, see the instructions here:

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-get-autotools

I tried running "autoreconf --install" myself and didn't get the same
errors, but I am using the approved version. By the way, what is the
reason for running autoreconf? I can't really figure out what it is for
by reading the man page. I tried running it, but still couldn't get much
intuition. I'm pretty new to the autotools.

About creating a Trac page for "uber-problems" such as yours: something
like the problem you are seeing should be submitted to the ticket system
here:

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools

We need to do a better job of directing people to this site. That said,
however, I think we may still need an "uber-site" for general COIN
information. We are currently discussing the creation of such a site.
Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Ted