[Coin-discuss] How to avoid a variable to be erased?

Eduardo efsilva at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 16:18:13 EST 2004

Hi Coin Team/users,

            In my branch-and-price implementation, I am also generating
new variables using some transformations over the duals of the
restricted master problem.  As I am working in a serial environment, I
am generating all variables in the computer_lower_bound method.

My problem is that the actual duals are not ready for those heuristic
variables yet, and so they are eliminated from the variable pool because
they have positive reduced cost.  Where should I include those heuristic
variables in the current iteration to avoid this problem?

Thanks again,

Eduardo.