[Coin-discuss] SBB improvements

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 5 13:20:02 EDT 2004

A previous posting of mine seems to have gone astray.

Thanks for the suggestions.  They seem to be in three groups.

a) Cuts.  It seems that there may already be progress here.  Either I or
Robin will give you an update in a few weeks.

b) Non sbb stuff - Edwin Straver asked for dual ranging.  I have put that
in clp - with an example in Clp/Test/unitTest.cpp.

c) Other sbb stuff.  I have improved the code a bit and will be
implementing most requests, probably the non-heuristic stuff before moving
on to heuristics.  I will keep you informed as I complete requests e.g. I
have added a function to sbb - rootObjectiveAfterCuts() as requested.

John Forrest