[Coin-discuss] MaxCut and Mkc

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at web.de
Mon Nov 17 06:31:36 EST 2003

Laszlo Ladanyi schrieb:

> It probably does, unless it's a flag somewhere in WinCVS that you need to
> set. Anyone out there who knows WinCVS well?

The WinCVS help reads like this:

WinCvs provides two ways to add files to a repository :
· Add files...
· Add binary files...
WinCVS now supply some controls when adding files : that's because many
user make mistakes when adding files and forget to add "as binary" when
the file is binary. It will warn you if you are about to make a mistake.

and somewhere else

That's why the WinCVS port was implemented for :
· Using the import command of the WinCVS client, you'll be able to have
a dialog which tells you the current binary mapping and let you modify
it. It detects also a lot of common errors and sometimes warn you about
something you may care about.
· When you hit continue, WinCVS will prepare automatically the line
command to cvs with the binary wrappers you want to use.
· Finally you can import safely. Both the client and the server will
know exactly which files are binary and which one are text.

So it seems to me, WinCVS could be smart enough to cope with binary
files correctly. Could it be as you're all working with some kind of
Unix that no difference was made between text or binary files in the
repository ever? Just an idea.

Kind regards,
Stephan Hennig