[Coin-discuss] Cplex use termination code "abandoned" if presolve determines that problem is infeasible or unbounded.

Tommy Thomadsen tt at imm.dtu.dk
Tue May 13 06:42:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a problem using BCP with CPLEX - I get a fatal error resulting
from the following lines in BCP_lp_main_loop.cpp:
if (tc & BCP_Abandoned) {
   // *FIXME* : later we might want to prune this node, but continue
   throw BCP_fatal_error("LP solver abandoned the lp.\n");
}

Info from Cplex:
CPLEX Error  1101: Presolve determines problem is infeasible or unbounded.
CPLEX Error  1217: No solution exists.

This does not happen when using CLP.

As the "FIXME" suggests, the node should be pruned since it is infeasible
(agreed?), but I have no idea how to accomplish that.

Any help will be appreciated very much!

Regards,
Tommy