[Coin-discuss] New CPLEX 8.1 constant names

JP Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 10 18:17:25 EST 2003

>Is anyone
>working on converting the OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp code?
Not that I know of, but I would not necessarily know.

>If not, I'd be
>willing to give it a shot since I only have access to CPLEX 8.1.
It would be extremely nice to have.

I wonder if it should be OsiCpxV8SolverInterface so existing interface will
continue to work with older version of CPLEX.
(Possibly OsiCpxV8SolverInterface might inherit from
OsiCpxSolverInterface).

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
(914)945-1324  (tie line 862-1324)
COIN www.coin-or.org

                      Lisa Evans
                      <evans at ima.umn.edu>            To:       coin-discuss at oss.software.ibm.com
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      coin-discuss-admin at www-        Subject:  [Coin-discuss] New CPLEX 8.1 constant names
                      124.ibm.com

                      01/10/2003 06:01 PM
                      Please respond to
                      coin-discuss

I'm trying to compile Osi with CPLEX 8.1 and have discovered that many
CPLEX constant names have been changed sometime between version 7.5 and
8.1 .  Particularly, most of the status parameters have been renamed, as
well as problem types (and CPXPROB_RELAXED no longer exists).  Is anyone
working on converting the OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp code?  If not, I'd be
willing to give it a shot since I only have access to CPLEX 8.1.

Lisa

Lisa Evans
Institute for Mathematics and its Applications
University of Minnesota
evans at ima.umn.edu