[Coin-discuss] New CPLEX 8.1 constant names

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Jan 11 00:03:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, JP Fasano wrote:

> >Is anyone
> >working on converting the OsiCpxSolverInterface.cpp code?
> Not that I know of, but I would not necessarily know.

The CPLEX solver in the upcoming OSI revision (watch this space) will be
v8 (at least if I write it).

> >If not, I'd be
> >willing to give it a shot since I only have access to CPLEX 8.1.
> It would be extremely nice to have.

While I agree, I would recommend making only the minimum changes to the
current CPLEX interface to get it working.  The next version of OSI should
require much less effort to produce solver interfaces for.

Unfortunately, not everyone on this team can produce code as fast as John
F.  Some of us have day jobs...

> I wonder if it should be OsiCpxV8SolverInterface so existing interface will
> continue to work with older version of CPLEX.
> (Possibly OsiCpxV8SolverInterface might inherit from
> OsiCpxSolverInterface).

Depending on how much needs to be changed, maybe just a compiler switch
would be enough.  Lisa, can you take a look and report briefly on how
involved the update will be?