[Coin-discuss] New CPLEX 8.1 constant names

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Jan 30 08:30:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Tuan-Viet NGUYEN wrote:

> Dear OsiCpx,
>
> I still have problem of "undeclared constant names" with Osi_30Jan.
> I am compiling with Cplex 8.0.

First, check is to be sure that the cplex-related variables in
Makefile.location are correct.

If that's OK, then could you send the exact text of the error messages?
What OS and compiler are you using?  You can send this to me offline and
include a copy of your cplex.h file.

> Also, I have encountered the following error when running a program with
> OsiCpx (now Cplex 7.5), but it's OK with OsiClp.
>
> ERROR: CPXopenCPLEXdevelop returned error 32201
> (incrementInstanceCounter in OsiCpxSolverInterface)
> Aborted

This is a CPLEX internal error (which is why you don't see it with
OsiClp).  From the CPLEX Reference Manual's Error Table:

	32201 Licensing problem

	A licensing error has occurred. Check the ILOG_LICENSE_FILE environment
	variable. For more information, consult the troubleshooting section
	of the ILOG License Manager User's Guide & Reference.

This would happen, for example, if CPLEX could not contact the license
manager daemon (for a network license) or could not find the license file,
or if you attempted to open more instances of CPLEX than you were licensed
for, or if you had a CPLEX runtime license but not a developer license.

> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks very much.
> Viet NGUYEN.

Clemson University Math Sciences