[Coin-discuss] RE: Running the BranchAndCut example

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 11 06:44:40 EDT 2003

Hi Jesper,

To my knowledge, there does not exist a good OSI tutorial - but the
header comments are fairly helpful.

Yes, the Lehigh site is out of date. If you are interested, I can spend
some time next week updating it. The site was originally intended to
help organize a small set of (hands-on) laboratory exercises for some
students at the university. Are you more interested in learning OSI, CGL
or BCP? or all? On the page, I have a simple example of using OSI to
simulate the root note of a Branch and Cut tree (cutting plane
algorithm). I also have a simple implementation of using BCP to do
Branch and Cut. I can update these two and add a better explanation and
comments.

Since there are so many things that can be done with OSI (and BCP, CGL,
etc...), it might be nice to have an example of how to use each
function, with a short explanation. I can do a little of this, pulling
from the various unitTests and add them to the webpage. Then, perhaps,
others can send snippets of their code (with explanation) that use the
various functionality and we can append it to the webpage. From this, we
can probably piece together a decent tutorial - I would be willing to
organize any contributions to this effect.

Matt

--
Matthew Galati
ISE Lehigh University