[Clp] Terminate when primal is found feasible or when at most X units away from optimal

Constantinos Tsirogiannis tsirogiannis.c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:46:10 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am using ClpSimplex and I would like to ask if it is possible to
automatically terminate an execution as soon as the (pre)solver finds for
sure that the primal problem is feasible.

Also, for all inputs that I have tried (and as it happens with optimization
methods), the last and largest part of the execution involves improving
slightly the value of the objective function until it reaches the optimum.
My question here is if it is possible to automatically terminate the
execution of the solver if it is known that the objective value cannot be
more than X units better than the current result. Or, more crudely, if it
is possible to automatically terminate the execution of the solver if the
improvements on the objective value have been extremely small over the last
minute of execution.

thanks in advance for your help,

--Constantinos