[Clp] Need help programming simplex with coin-lp

James Holland jamesarthurholland at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 13:52:58 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I've been reading the documentation for a couple of hours, and I cannot understand any but the simplest examples.

It would be great if there was a worked example, showing what the inequalities look like, and manually loading this values into the model, then running that. Using mps files is too much overhead for my application, and there isn't an easy example of how to load the data from in-memory arrays.

I have a LP problem of the form:

MAX Z = s1 + s2 + s3 + h1 + h2 + h3 + d1 + d2 + d3 + c1 + c2 + c3

s1 + h1 + d1          = 10
s2 + h2 + c2          = 10
s3 + h3 + d3 + c3  = 10

s1 + s2 + s3 = 8