[Clp] Clp Executable

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Sun Jul 13 19:48:21 EDT 2008

Using version
    https://projects.coin-or.org/Clp/browser/stable/1.8
I was able to build the clp executable and got the following response
when running it
    Coin LP version 1.06.00, build Jul 13 2008
    Clp takes input from arguments ( - switches to stdin)
    Enter ? for list of commands or help
    Clp:import??
    import : Import model from mps file
    This will read an MPS format file from the given file name.  It will
    use the default directory given by 'directory'.  A name of '$' will
    use the previous value for the name.  This is initialized to '', i.e.
    it must be set.  If you have libgz then it can read compressed files
    'xxxxxxxx.gz'..
    Clp:

Why dose version 1.8 report itself as version 1.06.00 ?

I do not seem to have 'libgz' on my system, but it appears that this is
the same thing as libz. Will Clp use libz if it is present ?