[Clp] CLP dual obj value

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 11 09:17:17 EDT 2008

Jan-Willem,

I am not sure, at least for dual simplex, that the two values would be
different.  What exactly is the expression you want to compute?

The most flexible way of doing this would be to derive from
ClpEventHandler and do the calculation at "endOfFactorization" using the
internal arrays  djRegion() etc.  This would be threadsafe.

John Forrest

[Clp] CLP dual obj value

Jan-Willem Goossens
to:
clp
07/10/2008 04:36 PM

Sent by:
clp-bounces at list.coin-or.org

Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to retrieve the primal and dual objective
function values during a CLP solve (using primal/dual simplex)

Getting the primal obj value is no problem (objectiveValue()),.
However, I havent found how to get the dual obj value (once/when
available).
Can this be retrieved directly?

The idea is to use these two, or the number/sum of infeasibilities to come

up with some kind of crude progress indicator during the solve (not unlike

the standard barrier output does).

Are these methods thread-safe? Or should I use some callbacks to report
the
value back?

Thanks for any help.
Regards,