[CHiPPS] Questions on Blis

Yan Xu Yan.Xu at sas.com
Thu Mar 12 09:32:25 EDT 2009

Alessandro,

1) The 0% printed in log is truncated. Its actual value is something like 0.0001%. A separated issue is that the gap parameters of Blis doesn't work. Need fix.
2) For parallel runs, the best bound will be updated periodically, so sometimes it doesn't move.
3) I tried to incorporate COIN's presolve, but couldn't make it work, so I quit. If you can contribute yours, that's great!
4) Blis stores nodes by differencing to save memory, subtrees are sorted of compressed. Probably, it need functionality to store subtrees in hard drive.

Best,

Yan