[Cbc] Questions

Julian Hall jajhall at ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 5 09:50:57 EDT 2021

Dear Eric

Intriguing: feel free to send the file if it's small enough, or a link to it if it's large.

Thanks

Julian
This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.
Hello all,

I have never been on this group before and I am a bit of a novice with CBC.  I have a simple example of a model in a MPS file that I am trying to solve that CBC returns as infeasible. However, I was able to solve the problem using open solver in excel with CBC and also using Gurobi on the NeOS.  Would it be appropriate for me to post the MPS for this problem here to ask for assistance as to why CBC in this case returns infeasible?  Maybe there is something wrong with how the MPS file is written (although Gurobi did read it). If this is not the right forum for this could anyone point me to the correct place to ask for that help?

Thanks so much in advance.

Eric

Julian Hall (Operational Research MSc Academic Selector)
--
Dr. J. A. Julian Hall, Reader, School of Mathematics,
University of Edinburgh, James Clerk Maxwell Building,

My working hours may not be your working hours. Do not feel pressure to reply to this email outside your working hours.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.