[Cbc] Questions

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Apr 5 10:12:13 EDT 2021

Hi Eric,

Indeed, please do post the instance, but as we are in the process of
winding down the mailing lists and moving to Github Issues/Discussions as
our primary means of community interaction, it would be great if you could
post it there instead of this mailing list. It sounds like more of an Issue
than a Discussion, but feel free to choose either. If you need help
figuring out how to do that, let us know.

Cheers,

Ted

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:51 AM Julian Hall <jajhall at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Eric
>
> Intriguing: feel free to send the file if it's small enough, or a link to
> it if it's large.
>
> Thanks
>
> Julian
>
> This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
> You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the
> email is genuine and the content is safe.
>
> Hello all,
>

> I have never been on this group before and I am a bit of a novice with
> CBC.  I have a simple example of a model in a MPS file that I am trying to
> solve that CBC returns as infeasible. However, I was able to solve the
> problem using open solver in excel with CBC and also using Gurobi on the
> NeOS.  Would it be appropriate for me to post the MPS for this problem here
> to ask for assistance as to why CBC in this case returns infeasible?  Maybe
> there is something wrong with how the MPS file is written (although Gurobi
> did read it). If this is not the right forum for this could anyone point me
> to the correct place to ask for that help?
>

> Thanks so much in advance.
>

> *Eric*

> --
>
> Julian Hall (Operational Research MSc Academic Selector)
> --
> Dr. J. A. Julian Hall, Reader, School of Mathematics,
> University of Edinburgh, James Clerk Maxwell Building,
> Peter Guthrie Tait Road, EDINBURGH, EH9 3FD, UK.
> Room: 5418 Phone: [+44](131) 650 5075 Email: J.A.J.Hall at ed.ac.uk
> Web: https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/school-of-mathematics/people/a-z?person=47
> [image: HiGHS] <http://www.highs.dev>
> My working hours may not be your working hours. Do not feel pressure to
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
> with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an
> Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted