[Cbc] build error in Cgl

james.howey at gmail.com james.howey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 20:33:41 EDT 2020

Got it working.

I had tried to use coinbrew, but it failed, and I had retreated to individual configure/make invocations.

Failures were probably due to:

*	Missing dependencies, haphazardly added per failure
*	I was on a ubunto:focal install, not xenial

Your docker image gave me what I needed to build in docker, then in my desktop. My modified version looks like this:

FROM ubuntu:xenial

RUN apt-get update

RUN apt-get update && apt-get -y install --no-install-recommends git subversion gcc g++ make wget gfortran patch pkg-config file

RUN apt-get update && apt-get -y install --no-install-recommends libgfortran-5-dev libblas-dev liblapack-dev libmetis-dev libnauty2-dev

RUN apt-get update && apt-get -y install --no-install-recommends ca-certificates

RUN mkdir /var/coin-or

WORKDIR /var/coin-or

RUN wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/coin-or/coinbrew/master/coinbrew

RUN chmod u+x coinbrew

RUN ./coinbrew fetch Cbc at master --skip="ThirdParty/Blas ThirdParty/Lapack ThirdParty/Metis" --no-prompt

RUN ./coinbrew build Cbc --skip="ThirdParty/Blas ThirdParty/Lapack ThirdParty/Metis" --no-prompt

Docker build failed with “FROM ubuntu”, but did great once xenial was specified.

I am working in WSL, and appropriately sudo’ed versions of these commands ran fine on a new ubuntu1604 distro. I am good to go.

It might be good to surface the dependencies in the install directions.

Thanks for your attention and support.

jkh