[Cbc] Segmentation fault 11 when providing initial solution in command line

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Tue Dec 29 13:34:15 EST 2015

Joel,

Unable to reproduce with latest stable.

I get

opening mipstart file ./Matching-pulp-simplify.sol.
MIPStart values read for 32 variables.
Continuous objective value is 745 - 0.00 seconds
Cgl0008I 15 inequality constraints converted to equality constraints
Cgl0004I processed model has 68 rows, 167 columns (162 integer (162 of
which binary)) and 503 elements
Cutoff increment increased from 1e-05 to 0.9999
Cbc0045I MIPStart provided solution with cost 1195

or

opening mipstart file ./Matching-manual.sol.
MIPStart values read for 15 variables.
Continuous objective value is 745 - 0.00 seconds
Cgl0008I 15 inequality constraints converted to equality constraints
Cgl0004I processed model has 68 rows, 167 columns (162 integer (162 of
which binary)) and 503 elements
Cutoff increment increased from 1e-05 to 0.9999
Cbc0045I Trying just fixing integer variables.
Cbc0045I Warning: mipstart values could not be used to build a solution.

So try latest version and see if that fixes.

John Forrest