[Cbc] Need advices for properly using CBC

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Fri May 9 03:30:51 EDT 2014

Karl,

After a quick look at the three models, it looks to me as if you want to
make preprocessing more lightweight.  Also for the two models with zero
objective function, the feasibility pump heuristic takes time and does
not help (I don't know whether that is true for other zero objective
models).

I attach log files using stable/2.8 - 4.lp 12.5 seconds, 21.lp 4.4 and
50.lp 1.96.  Given the sizes the times look reasonable.

I presume the 300 cases have to be solved sequentially so 420 seconds
looks tight - if can be done in parallel then easy.

John Forrest