[Cbc] Osi Interface for Cbc (and deprecation thereof)?

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:56:23 EST 2014

Hi all,

I was curious about the status of an OsiSolverInterface for Cbc models. I
note that the current OsiCbcSolverInterface is deprecated, and it's
suggested that I use the CbcSolver interface, hence my conundrum: I'd like
to use the virtual Osi interface, but I'm wary of using something that's
deprecated. I was hoping the list could help me understand:
a) why the Osi Cbc interface was deprecated in the first place
b) a suggested path forward (I assume writing my own custom interface for
the CbcSolver)

If the answer is writing a new Osi-to-(new)CbcSolver interface, I'd be
happy to contribute that back into coin.

Warm regards,

--
Matthew Gidden
Ph.D. Candidate, Nuclear Engineering