[Cbc] Compiling CLP/CBC with UFL AMD support

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 14 13:02:58 EST 2011

Hi,

ok, Lou said I should reply...

>> You could specify additional linker flags via the LDFLAGS variable at
>> the configure call, e.g., ./configure LDFLAGS=-lamd
>
> One reason I have not been using flags with configure is that I think
> this adds the flag to all, and not just to Clp. In particular, as I am
> building the static versions of the libraries (with --enable-static),
> linking amd into the other libraries is probably not a good idea, I assume.

Hmm, yes, ok, LDFLAGS could also be used for libraries, and then it's
not a good idea to add libs there.

>> But I don't see how this could be sufficient to let Clp know that it
>> should use this library. Maybe you also need to set ADD_CXXFLAGS to do
>> something -DCLP_USE_CHOLMOD or so.
>>

> I have to make other changes to Makefile.in:
>
> 1. add -DUFL_BARRIER to DEFS. Can I use -DCLP_USE_UFL_BARRIER at the
> toplevel instead?

No, in the Clp source there is no CLP_USE_UFL_BARRIER.

> 2. add ClpCholeskyUfl.hpp to includecoin_HEADERS.
>
> Can this be done without modifying Makefile.in? That is, by specifying
> something at configure?

No, not so far.

I am not aware of documentation on which other codes can be used in
which way in Clp.
John, can you post something about this?
Then we could work on extending configure a bit to make these things
easier accessible. :-)

Stefan