[Cbc] Time-out with linear solve with MIP

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Mon Apr 4 10:27:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am looking at my code for time-out for CBC when solving a MIP problem,
and time-out is turned off for CLP, the linear solver.
There is a comment that say if CLP has a timeout, this can cause
problems for the MIP.

What this means is that time-out does not occur until a linear solve is
done, even if that linear solve takes much longer than the time-out.
This is not something the users of our system expect, and I have had
several asking me why time-out for the MIP doesn't seem to work when
using CBC.

This code was written a while ago, so I am wondering if it is now
possible to have time-out during the linear solves. Is it difficult to
allow time-outs during the linear solve?

--Kish Shen

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.