[Cbc] [COIN-CBC] Best way to obtain all global minima

Pete Janes pete.janes at anu.edu.au
Sun May 3 05:43:33 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I would like to modify CBC so that it can find all solutions to an
optimization
problem, subject to the condition that solutions are some distance from
each other,
as there can possibly be infinitely many solutions. I have been trying
to do this
by modifying the branch and bound code in CbcModel.cpp.

The main idea is to continue the branch and bound procedure even though
the best
possible solution has converged towards the best solution, then
identifying the nodes
which contains a feasible point which equals the best solution.

This seems to be simple in theory but I am having problems implementing
it. There seems
to be certain areas of CBC which I have overlooked. Does anyone have any
suggestions
on how best to do this?

Kind regards,

Pete Janes