[Cbc] GLPK version in newest stable OSI

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:46:56 EDT 2009

Thanks Stefan !
Just modified ThirdParty/Glpk to point to
 https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/Glpk/stable/1.5

and glpk 4.37 was included.

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Stefan Vigerske
<stefan at math.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Ive been watching lots of stability fixes and improvements in the last
>> GLPK versions (4.37 is the latest I think).
>>
>> OsiGlpk in trunk version uses a recent version of glpk, but updating to
>> the last stable version of CBC (2.3), which was recently released, it
>> comes with an older version of GLPK (4.30).
>>
>> Why the inclusion of newer glpk versions was delayed ?
>
> Cbc just does not have the recent ThirdParty/Glpk in the Externals.
> You can change to stable/1.5, this should give you Glpk 4.37.
> Or you take Osi 0.100.
> However, since OsiGlpk uses the older glpk-interface, the feasibility
> pump as introduced with 4.37 is not available, except if you patch the
> glpk-sourcecode.
>
> Stefan

Haroldo Gambini Santos
Computing Department - Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
email: haroldo.santos at gmail.com
home/research page:  http://www.ic.uff.br/~hsantos/

“BE the change you want to see in the world” -Mahatma Gandhi