[BuildTools] Starting development of new 1.0 version for BuildTools

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Nov 28 20:15:52 EST 2006

Kipp,

	At the risk of putting words in Andreas' mouth:

> Can this be used with the current set of auto tools? 2.59, 1.9.6 etc?

	Yes, for now.  There are two places to check in coin.m4.  Right at the
top, you'll see an AC_PREREQ macro --- this specifies the lowest autoconf
release that will be accepted.  Then, down in AC_COIN_INIT_AUTOMAKE, you'll
notice a set of tests for the `correct' version of autoconf, automake, and
libtool.  You need to alter at least the tests in AC_COIN_INIT_AUTOMAKE (and
then run run_autotools or equivalent) to use a different version of any of the
autotools.

	The files I posted to the wiki page expect autoconf 2.61.

> How about just Cbc -- it uses a lot of other COIN projects?

	Ah, but it completely omits the nonlinear codes, which are serious users
of third-party libraries and Fortran. With Cbc, it's all pretty much optional.

							Lou