[BuildTools] wiki & devel branch

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Nov 28 19:43:04 EST 2006

Hi Lou,

> 	An issue that will arise shortly --- since each project comes with its
> own configure.ac and Makefile.am files, we're going to need some way of slipping
> our changes in for testing without disrupting ongoing development in the trunk
> of each project (or wherever development is taking place).
>
> 	Does it make sense to have some sort of autotools trial branch for each
> project?  Tangentially, should we use the autotools trunk instead of creating
> branches/pre-1.0?

yes, at some point that might be necessary.   But from the beginning I
tried to hide as much as possible from the projects' files, this is why
there are all those AC_COIN_ macros, and the Makemain.inc files.

I think we can do a number of things first before we need to change
anything in the individual projects (I hope!!!! ;).

Cheers

Andreas