[BuildTools] new autotools for BuildTools version 1.0 or not

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Nov 29 16:05:59 EST 2006

Hi

Kipp suggested on the wiki page that it might be better to not upgrade to
the new autotools when we switch to BuildTools version 1.0.  The concern
is (as far as I understand) that this will be one more dictatoric change
imposed on the project managers.

However, I would really prefer to switch to the new versions, since there
are a number of bugfixes, which I so far had to work around awkwardly
(speeling of that word...? ;).  For me that was actaully the main
motivation to create a new mayor number.

I don't think we will get to a new release very soon, so that we would
give PM some warning in advance (and actually ask them if they want to try
it frist...)

Also, installing the new autotools is really simple, see

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-get-autotools

We can even make that list of commands a script that PMs can download...

What do others think?

Andreas