[ADOL-C] traceless mode for implicit function

hg hgbk2008 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 17:29:55 EST 2018

Dear list

I'm wondering if traceless forward mode derivatives are available for
implicit function, because I did not see it in the manual. I found that
traceless mode helps to write cleaner and easier-to-maintain code. Using
trace mode is quite difficult when the material law contains a large number
of parameters. I don't think assigning material parameters as an
independent variable is not a good idea. But it has a changing value
depending on the Cartesian coordinates.

Best regards
Giang