[ADOL-C] ADOL-C Installation Question

David Marshall ddmarshall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:43:36 EDT 2012

I'm trying to build ADOL-C 2.2.1 on Mac-OS Lion (10.7.3) using gcc 4.7 (if that helps). I have macports for most open source apps and libraries.

After un-taring the source tar-ball, I create a build directory and run configure (without any flags). When I run make I get the following errors.

Making all in ADOL-C
Making all in src
Making all in drivers
mv: rename .deps/drivers.Tpo to .deps/drivers.Plo: No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [drivers.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I couldn't figure out what the intention was, so I tried to work around the problem. Since the thing is is that drivers.Plo file already exists, I copied it to drivers.Tpo (and did that for all *.Plo build errors). Then I get the following build error:

Making all in ADOL-C
Making all in src
Making all in drivers
  LINK  libdrivers.la
Making all in tapedoc
  LINK  libtapedoc.la
make[5]: *** No rule to make target `drivers/libdrivers.la', needed by `libadolc.la'.  Stop.
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

and libdrivers didn't build. Finally, I tried version 2.2.0 and 2.1.12 and got the same errors. What is my problem?

----
David Marshall
ddmarshall at gmail.com