[ADOL-C] ADOL-C Installation Question

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Fri Mar 23 08:11:35 EDT 2012

Hello,

please try ADOL-C-2.3.0 that was recently released. The problem does not
seem to be in the gcc version, but in the autoconf/automake/libtool
combination. You need to run

autoreconf -f -i

before you run

./configure

I hope this helps.

Kshitij.

As on 2012-03-21 20:43, David Marshall did write:
> I'm trying to build ADOL-C 2.2.1 on Mac-OS Lion (10.7.3) using gcc 4.7 (if that helps). I have macports for most open source apps and libraries.
>
> After un-taring the source tar-ball, I create a build directory and run configure (without any flags). When I run make I get the following errors.
>
> Making all in ADOL-C
> Making all in src
> Making all in drivers
> mv: rename .deps/drivers.Tpo to .deps/drivers.Plo: No such file or directory
> make[5]: *** [drivers.lo] Error 1
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I couldn't figure out what the intention was, so I tried to work around the problem. Since the thing is is that drivers.Plo file already exists, I copied it to drivers.Tpo (and did that for all *.Plo build errors). Then I get the following build error:
>
> Making all in ADOL-C
> Making all in src
> Making all in drivers
>   LINK  libdrivers.la
> Making all in tapedoc
>   LINK  libtapedoc.la
> make[5]: *** No rule to make target `drivers/libdrivers.la', needed by `libadolc.la'.  Stop.
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> and libdrivers didn't build. Finally, I tried version 2.2.0 and 2.1.12 and got the same errors. What is my problem?
>
> ----
> David Marshall
> ddmarshall at gmail.com

Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha