[ADOL-C] ADOLC 2.2.1 vs branch

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Mon Jan 16 06:42:52 EST 2012

Hello,

As on 2012-01-16 01:02, Rishi Amrit did write:
> Hi,
>

>    Thanks for your reply. I am trying to debug the segmentation fault
> that I'm getting when I call the sparse_hess routine. To do that I
> compiled ADOLC with debug mode. Here is what I get:
>
> StoreManagerInteger::StoreManagerInteger()
> StoreManagerInteger::grow(): increase size from 4 to 8 entries
> (currently 1 entries used)
> StoreManagerInteger::grow(): allocate 64 B doubles and 32 B locints
> next_loc: 1 fill: 2max: 8
> next_loc: 2 fill: 3max: 8
> next_loc: 3 fill: 4max: 8
> next_loc: 4 fill: 5max: 8
> next_loc: 5 fill: 6max: 8
> next_loc: 6 fill: 7max: 8
> next_loc: 7 fill: 8max: 8
> StoreManagerInteger::grow(): increase size from 8 to 16 entries
> (currently 8 entries used)
> octave: tape_handling.cpp:161: void StoreManagerLocint::grow():
> Assertion `alteGroesse == initialeGroesse or size() ==
> (alteGroesse-1)' failed.

Unfortunately this assertion is wrong. Since it is only used it DEBUG
mode I missed it till now. You can simply remove (comment out) the
assertion in tape_handling.cpp:161 and recompile.

In order to find your real segmentation fault it would be better to run
your code in a debugger (like gdb) without enabling DEBUG mode in ADOL-C
and seeing where exactly the segmentation fault comes from.

Regards.
Kshitij.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha