[ADOL-C] ADOL-C Digest, Vol 6, Issue 6

Antonello Lobianco antonello at lobianco.org
Wed Aug 29 07:48:56 EDT 2012

I am still without a working solution. I have tried unsuccesfully three
different methods:

*1) Trying to compile on MinGw ADOL-C 2.2.1:*

config.status: executing libtool commands
Making all in ADOL-C
Making all in src
Making all in drivers
mv: cannot stat `.deps/drivers.Tpo': No such file or directory

Any how, I'd like to be able to compile the latest version of
ADOL-C/ColPack if possible

*2) Setting AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL in ColPack-1.0.8/configure.ac*

My new configure.ac looks like:

AC_PROG_CXX
AC_CONFIG_FILES(Makefile)
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

However, even after autoconf, autoreconf --force --install and ./configure
--prefix=/usr --enable-shared the make command doesn't produce any shared
library.

*3) Manually compilation of the shared library*

I manually compiled the ColPack shared library, using some info from the
1.0.4 makefile:

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libColPack.so -o libColPack.so <list of object
files>
/bin/install -c libColPack.so /usr/lib/libColPack.so

I obtain the libColPack.so, but then still ADOL-C gives me the error that
it can't compile the static library and it would need the dynamic library.
Maybe now it is just a point on where I should place the libColPack.so file
???

Antonello

--
Antonello Lobianco