[Dip] Branch-and-Cut-and-Price

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Jan 17 10:46:05 EST 2016

Hi Mahdi,

The message about i386 is referring to the "make" command. I'm surprised
that it is a 32-bit program, but apparently, this is the case for all iMacs
and shouldn't make any difference. I get the same result on my machine and
things work fine. Do you have Mac ports installed? I recall that I had some
similar problem like this a long while back and that it had to do with a
conflicting version of a system library that was installed by Mac ports.

In any case, my guess is that this has nothing to do with Dip and is just
due to an incompatible library installed somewhere on your machine. This
kind of thing is very difficult to debug if you're not very familiar with
all the tool chains involved. I personally haven't upgraded to OS X 10.11
yes, but I will do that soon and can also try to set up an OS X 10.11 build
on Travis CI to make sure there are no issues. Are you able to build other
things?

If you can post the output of make somewhere (maybe put up a gist on
github) or send it to me off-line, as well as the config.log file in the
Dip subdirectory, I'll see if I can suggest anything.

Cheers,

Ted