[BuildTools] how to generate configure scripts?

Matěj Týč matej.tyc at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:57:30 EDT 2010

Thank you for your replies,
so I have installed old automake, autoconf and libtool with the
$HOME/autotools_old prefix.
Then I have found out (by trial and error), that I have to put that
prefix to AUTOTOOLS_DIR.
Then I have put AUTOTOOLS_DIR in front of PATH variable and it was
almost done.
However when running BuildTools/run_autotools, I got the following
error:
running aclocal in ./Cgl
Can't locate Autom4te/C4che.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /home/bubla/autotools_old/autoconf-2.59/../share/autoconf /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 ... ...

The first include path looked promising, but the autotools_old directory
has this structure:
$ ls autotools_old
bin  include  info  lib  man  pkgs  share

So I have ran mkdir autotools_old/autoconf-2.59 (just to create that
empty directory) and everything went somehow all right (except some
warning about Fortran)

And the question is why did I have to create the autoconf-2.59
directory, is it a bug? (Or maybe did I do more things opposed to the
way how they were meant to be done?)

The configure script ran without errors and make test succeeded, too, so
the result is probably OK.

Regards,
Matěj