[Testtools] Adding new Cbc branch to nightly builds

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 9 05:23:57 EST 2009

Hi,

>> Why is this a clean solution?
>
> Two things, which is why I created the separate project.
>

> 1) For PROJECT_EMAIL_ADDRS John Forrest is listed as the project
> manager. Do we want him to get emails if something goes wrong with the
> branch of Cbc?  I thought perhaps no.

OK, that might be your point.
On the other hand, since he is the project manager, he should then
forward to whom he thinks is responsible.
I do not send mails out automatically. Maybe I should, but you wouldn't
like to get complains about Couenne caused memory leaks in OS from me
every day ;-).

> 2) If you look in NBProjectConfig.py there is a special feature for the
> unitTest for a regular Cbc run.

You mean the NBcbcRunTimes.cbcSaveRuntimes ? I don't know if someone use
it, but I would argue that it is the task of the cbcSaveRuntimes routine
to decide whether it wants to collect the timings from the reeng branch.

> But sure just doing
>
>  { 'SvnVersion': 'branches/reeng', 'OptLevel': 'Default',
>  'Distribute': 'No', 'ThirdParty':'Allowed', 'AdditionalConfigOptions':
>  '--enable-parallel'}
>
> will work, but won't John get an email if something goes wrong?

See above.

Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics