[Symphony] [SPAM] Cannot find SYMPHONY library and headers

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Wed Mar 2 12:56:13 EST 2016

I'm not sure how the installation process is supposed to go for an R
package. I would assume that either SYMPHONY needs to be installed
somewhere that it can be found by R (probably in a system directory) or
else you need to tell R where SYMPHONY is installed. If you want to install
SYMPHONY in a system directory, do something like

./configure --prefix=/usr

You will then need to install as root so be careful! Alternatively, there
is a SYMPHONY Fedora package. I'm not sure if it would be available on
RedHat, but maybe. That would be the easiest.

In general, i would think this is a question for the R mailing list, since
SYMPHONY is building fine.

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs