[Symphony] Symphony GMPL Files

Anton Becker antonbecker at me.com
Mon Sep 24 04:07:17 EDT 2012

Hi Ted,

thanks for your quick reply. This is what I get for typing "bin/symphony
-F SYMPHONY/Datasets/sample1.mod -D SYMPHONY/Datasets/sample1.dat" (I
just defined a second objective in the sample.mod for testing)

Reading input file...

Reading model section from SYMPHONY/Datasets/sample1.mod...
33 lines were read
Reading data section from SYMPHONY/Datasets/sample1.dat...
68 lines were read
Generating nb...
Generating cost...
Generating etwas...
Model has been successfully generated

Error due to having more than one objective function!
SYMPHONY can solve problems with just one objective function

Errors in reading gmpl file

Fatal errors encountered. Exiting with code -120.
See sym_return_values.h for meaning of code.

How do I set something through the API? You mean I "load" the problem I
want to solve (with two objective functions) through SYMPHONY first and
then how do I set the second objective?

Cheers and best regards,

Anton