[Symphony] Variable names truncated

Tommaso Cucinotta tommaso.cucinotta at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Sep 17 05:51:21 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've just started to use the Symphony solver, and I'd like to know a
couple of things about the program:
- is there a way to have the variable names not truncated in the output ?
- is there a way to provide Symphony with an initial solution (in the
hope to reduce the solving time) ?
- is there a way to output the full current ub solution (if any), along
with the ub value, when outputting periodically the solver status (with
-v 0) ?
- is there any good reason for which Symphony is distributed without
--enable-openmp, for example on Ubuntu 12.04 ?
   (providing the "-p" option results in a warning about using a
non-parallel build).
   For example, is the openmp support experimental/unreliable ?

Thanks,

     Tommaso