[Symphony] configuration & installation

an ngo ngothean1 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:52:50 EDT 2011

Hi all:
Sorry, I don't know how to continue the same thread, so I send another email
to clarify the question I sent yesterday.
My problem is that while configure my installation by
./configure --with-application
when I make  the application MATCH the results look like USE_SYM_APPLICATION
is not defined as no call backs functions are called.
However, I did verify that the flag was set properly. Finally, this error is
caused by:
In the file
SYMPHONY-5.3.3/SYMPHONY/Applications/Makefile.Applications
as  COIN_HAS_PKGCONFIG = true
match will be linked the library determined by
LIBS += `PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/thuy/SYMPHONY-5.3.3/lib/pkgconfig:
/usr/bin/pkg-config --libs symphony`
However, the package config file symphony.pc will lead to libSym instead of
libSymAppl

As a quick fix, I duplicate the file symphony.pc to symphonyappl.pc and
change libSym to libSymAppl in the new config.
Then in Makefile.Applications, the config file will be symphonyappl instead
of symphony

The issue with USE_GLPMPL is not fixed yet.
Thanks
A.