[Symphony] Library not loaded: /SYMPHONY-5.3.4/lib/libSym.3.dylib

Terry maillst at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 02:31:08 EDT 2011

I just downloaded and installed Symphony 5.3.4. I appreciate the good documentation. The program looks well organized and flexible.

I want to report one thing. I checked out the source code and built everything on Mac OS. Attempting to run the binary in interactive mode gave this error:

$ bin/symphony
dyld: Library not loaded: /SYMPHONY-5.3.4/lib/libSym.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /SYMPHONY-5.3.4/bin/symphony
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

The library was not in /SYMPHONY-5.3.4/lib/. Searching, I found the library (symlinks) in two other places:

SYMPHONY-5.3.4/lib/coin/libSym.3.dylib
SYMPHONY-5.3.4/SYMPHONY/src/.libs/libSym.3.dylib

I copied one into the SYMPHONY-5.3.4/lib/ directory and now it works.

Thanks.
Terry