[Symphony] Regarding Symphony +PVM problem

G Chandramouli gcmouli1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:47:14 EDT 2010

Hello all,
               I am G.Chandra Mouli. I have configured symphony5.2.2 with
pvm. My PVM is working fine.I installed it from apt-get. But when I try to
test Symphony I get following error. Can somebody  please figure it out.

gcmouli at gcmouli-desktop:~$ ~/SYMPHONY-5.2.2/bin/symphony_m_tm_cp  -F
~/SYMPHONY-5.2.2/SYMPHONY/Datasets/sample.mps

*   This is SYMPHONY Version 5.2.2                    *
*   Copyright 2000-2010 Ted Ralphs and others         *
*   All Rights Reserved.                              *
*   Distributed under the Common Public License 1.0   *

Reading input file...

Starting Preprocessing...
Preprocessing finished...
      variables fixed: 1
Problem has
     2 constraints
     5 variables
     8 nonzero coefficients

Total Presolve Time: 0.000223...

Solving...

Couldn't start symphony_lp_cg!!
Pvm Error -7 : PvmNoFile (No such file)

gcmouli at gcmouli-desktop:~$

My .bashrc file has following PVM related text:
export PVM_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
export PVM_ROOT=/usr/lib/pvm3
export PVM_ARCH=LINUX
export PVM_DPATH=$PVM_ROOT/lib/pvmd
export MANPATH=$MANPATH:$PVM_ROOT/man
export PATH=$PATH:$PVM_ROOT/lib:$PVM_ROOT/include

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Mouli