[Symphony] unable to configure with pvm

G Chandramouli gcmouli1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 05:26:49 EDT 2010

Hello all,
               I tried to configure SYMPHONY with ./configure --with-pvm but
failed. I send you a part of its output.

checking pvm3.h usability... no
checking pvm3.h presence... no
checking for pvm3.h... no
checking for /include/pvm3.h... no
configure: error: Cannot find the pvm header files either in system path or
in PVM_ROOT path:
configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for SYMPHONY

I have done the settings for pvm path in .bashrc file as :
export PVM_ROOT=/usr/lib/pvm3
export PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ROOT/lib/pvmgetarch
export PVM_DPATH=$PVM_ROOT/lib/pvmd
export MANPATH=$MANPATH:$PVM_ROOT/man
export PATH=$PATH:$PVM_ROOT/lib:$PVM_ROOT/include

My pvm is working fine and I am able to connect other PCs. Can you please
help me?
Thanks in advance
GCMouli